I’m not a person who can commit on the long-term to something that doesn’t really, truly interest me. I’m more the type of person who embraces change and actually needs it. If I decide to start a new hobby or commit to something new, you’ll find me losing interest more often than not. On the other hand, some things and people remain in my life forever. Moments I love become habits I foster over time, and I make it a point to keep loved ones happy. I’ve mentioned before that this blog is a true passion and that it reveals aspects of myself that even I hadn’t discovered. In 2015, it has brought me a lot. Not only did I see that what I write is appreciated (check out Breadonbutter as the number 8 most influential blog in Lebanon!), but I also challenged myself through it. Through my monthly bucket lists, I was able to set small goals that led to achieving bigger ones. It was a pleasure writing each and every one of these lists. You can check them all here.
To start 2016 properly, I wanted to remember my favorite things about 2015 before writing the first bucket list of the year, so here goes:
- Trip to Paris, London and the Lake District
- Attending Food Blogger Connect 2015, meeting great people and tuning in to amazing talks by inspiring people.
- Reading lots of books
- Watching loads of movies
- Collaborating with fellow bloggers who became dear friends
- Exploring Lebanon
- The Whole 30 challenge which led me to replace bad eating habits with healthier ones
- Volunteering for the AUB Cookbook that is to be launched in June of 2016
- Trying out new recipes that I usually found impossible to make (like this ramen)
- Discovering lots of new ingredients and products
- Meeting a lot of inspiring people
- Cooking with Bibayti
- Moving houses!
There are so many more things and the above are just highlights of last year. Moving on to the present and near future, say hello to the first list of the year 😉
Breadonbutter’s January Bucket List
- Get fit again
- Plan our next trip
- Continue online photography courses
- Start planting on our balcony
- Host lots of cocktail parties
- Sleep early at least 4 days of the week
- Go hiking somewhere new
- Finish the book I’m currently reading (All The Light We Cannot See), which is a must-read
- Have cook-offs at home with friends who love cooking
- Watch old classic movies like Casablanca and Psycho
- Have lots of nights in with the Sherlock series and a nice bowl of homemade popcorn
Any plans this January?
Don’t forget to tag us if you try our recipes and tips: #breadonbutter