Whenever I travel, I find myself longing for the time when we had simple paper maps to take us wherever we wanted to go. Back then, life was simpler. We hadn’t even heard of a smart phone yet and disconnecting from reality was way easier. Technology has its pros and cons. Sure, we’re not easily disconnected anymore, we have increased FOMO and we need holidays even after our holidays, but it has its perks. I try not to get too addicted to apps and spend my time enjoying the scenery rather than my iPhone screen, so I only have 7 apps I rely on when I travel. Here they are.
7 Apps For Traveling I Can’t Go Without
1) Booking.com – To keep your hotel address and booking on your phone at all times.
2) Swarm – To check in everywhere I go and remember it when I’m home.
3) Zomato – To accurately satisfy our food cravings.
4) Google Maps – To know where to go and how to get there (bus, metro/tube, cycling, walking and even uber) at all times with accurate timing.
5) Citymapper – Because google maps is sometimes quite stubborn (can you relate?).
6) Time Out Discover Your City – For fun things to do and trendy places to go to.
7) Uber – For the rainy and tired moments!
I would love new purposeful apps suggestions for when traveling, so please go ahead in the comment section below 😉