Since we finally pimped up our bar at home, Jean has been making amazing drinks for everyone. Our guests are mostly hovering over it when they’re here and it couldn’t be more fun.
As a bartending amateur, Jean has all the tools one needs to make successful cocktails. Since my favorite drink is bloody mary (with gin instead of vodka), he made me one last week when our friends came over for dinner. It was the best bloody mary I’ve ever tasted – bias aside 😉
I asked him for the recipe so I could share it with you guys, so here goes!
- 3 parts Vodka or Gin
- 6 partsTomato juice
- 1 part Lemon juice
- 2 to 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Celery salt
- Tools: A jigger would be better to have (picture below)
- In one of these beautiful jars (pictured) that you can find at Technotel Dfouny’s bazaar this week (check this link for more details), put the salt, tabasco, worcestershire sauce and pepper
- Pour the lemon juice over and stir until disolved
- Add the tomato juice and stir
- Add the vodka or gin and stir
- Top with a handful of ice
- Garnish with a celery stick, a lemon slice and maybe a scallop roe
You can also grind fresh pepper on top before serving!