Attention Readers! A new guest chef has just joined the Breadonbutter cooks!
His name is Khater Abi Aad. Him and his wife Lea were just recently promoted to the rank of Parents. Khater loves barbecue-ing and coming up with simple and tasty dishes. Last Sunday, after a nice lunch at their house, he made us these delicious Crispy Filo Shells in nothing more than 30 minutes. I can sure tell you it was scrummy with a mix of salty and sweet flavors. Here’s how to make it.
What you’ll need:
– 8 rectangle filo Pastries
– 100 grams of unsalted Butter, melted
– Brie cheese
– Fig jam
How to make it:
1) Start by spreading the melted butter on top of each pastry rectangle and put each four on top of each other
2) Cut the rectangles into smaller square bits
3) Place them in the ramekins
4) Cut small brie pieces and place them on top of the pastries
5) Top them with fig jam
6) And send them off to the oven for about 15 minutes or until the tips are golden
It’s crispy, it’s salty, it’s sweet. The fig jam and melted brie cheese create a fusion of flavors that is just perfect.
You can also mix in different flavors, brought to you very soon!