During my year in England back in 2008, I was ecstatic about meeting Greek people, given that I’m part Greek but had never met fellow “compatriots”. I did meet a lot and became friends with everyone. I also learnt a lot about the culture and related to some aspects and habits we have in my family. One of the very first things I learnt however, was how to make the perfect homemade Cafe Frappé. For coffee lovers, this is absolute heaven in the summer.
How to make Cafe Frappé
What you’ll need (for 1 person)
- 1.5 tsp of instant coffee (you can also opt for decaf if it’s late in the afternoon)
- 3/4 tsp sugar (optional, but recommended)
- Foaming whisk (can be found in any home electronics store)
How to make it
- In a large glass, place the coffee and sugar and pour cold water over them until just covered.
- Foam with the whisk until they constitute 1/3 of the glass.
- Fill the second third of the glass with milk and the third one with water.
- Add ice and a straw and you’re good to go!
Enjoy it the Greek way (i.e. really really slowly) 😉