Remember that night we cooked for my parents and their friends? The one where we served the fresh crab tartare as a starter? I promised a second recipe right out of that awesome dinner, and here it is: Lemon baked cheesecake. If you’re faithful to this blog and honor me with unconditional love, you might remember my baked cheesecake recipe. The one I compare with the moist one from f.r.i.e.n.d.s. over which Rachel and Chandler fight. Well I’ve been giving it a different twist. I ditched the raspberries and added lemon zest and juice instead! It is absolutely divine. Not that I like to brag, but it’s something you must taste if we get to meet one day 🙂
So here goes. The recipe is the same as this one but I’m writing the lemony version here.
[Photos by Karim Skar @beirut_streets]
Lemon Baked Cheesecake
What you’ll need:
- 250 grams of Mascarpone
- 250 grams of Ricotta
- 3 Eggs
- 250 grams of Biscuits (I chose “Petit Beurre de LU”, but you can choose Digestives or even Lotus)
- 120 grams of butter, melted
- 110 grams of Sugar
- The zest of 1 lemon
- The juice of 1 large lemon
How to make it:
- In a bowl, crush the biscuits. Then add the melted butter on top.
- Spread the mixture onto the mold that is going to enter the oven and press it to make it the cake’s base. Place it in the fridge for at least 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat the Mascarpone, Ricotta and Sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, one by one, mixing between each egg.
- Add 3/4 of the lemon zest and mix just a little
- Add the lemon juice and mix just until combined
- Take the cake’s base out of the fridge and add the cheese mixture to it.
- Place it in the oven for at least 40 minutes – depending on your oven – or until a crust is formed and visible.
- Sprinkle the rest of the lemon zest on top (this is really optional).
What do you think?