Chipotle peppers are smoke-dried jalapeño. They are made primarily in Chihuahua, Mexico but are also produced in much of Mexico and increasingly in the US.
Chipotle Peppers Chicken Recipe
Ingredients (for 8 persons):
- 1.2 kg chicken (can be wings, drumsticks or breasts)
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly minced
- 1 can of chipotle peppers in abodo sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- The juice of half a lime
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of honey
How to make it:
- Crush the garlic in a small blender.
- Add the chipotle peppers, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, salt and honey. Mix to combine
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and let it marinate (preferably overnight)
- When it’s time for grilling, cut the chicken in some places with a knife so that it gets grilled faster and gets marinated from the inside as well
Do you use chipotle peppers when you cook?