Halloween is fast approaching and it’s time I give you some fun spooky tips for it. In this post, I will teach you how to decorate your chocolate cupcakes creatively for Halloween. All you have to do is make your basic muffin/cupcake recipe and add funny things to it.
Here’s how to decorate your chocolate cupcakes this Halloween.
What you’ll need (for 6 cupcakes):
– Basic chocolate cupcakes ingredients (found here)
– 100 grams of unsalted butter
– 4 tablespoons of sugar
– 2 tablespoons of fresh cream
– Yellow food colorant
– Red food colorant
– White cotton candy
– 6 biscuit cones
– Any chocolate tablet of your choice, cut in small pieces
1) Make the cupcakes. Recipe here – without the jam and adding 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder if you want them chocolatey
2) Make the orange frosting: In a mixer bowl, mix the butter, the cream and the sugar at high speed until creamy. Add 2 teaspoons of yellow colorants and 0.5 teaspoons of red colorant, dosing as you go and mix it with a spoon until it’s orange
3) Repeat the following steps for each cupcake:
– Spoon the frosting on top of the cupcake, making sure you keep it mostly in the middle
– Add cotton candy on top of the frosting leaving one side empty
– Press down the biscuit cone on top of the cotton candy
– Add 2 small chocolate pieces to make eyes to the old man 😉
And there you have it! An easy and creative way to decorate your cupcakes this Halloween! It’s really fun if you have kids around as well; it’s guaranteed laughter in the kitchen!