Spring is definitely here, which means it’s time for salads and freshness. For those who like a nice mix of fruits and vegetables in the same bowl, this recipe is pure satisfaction. You can have it on its own as a light dinner or coupled with any type of protein you prefer. Our favorite Chef Jean made it a few weeks ago and I can tell you it was healthy and delicious. The dressing is quite special as it contains loads of vitamins, healthy sugars and high levels of nutritious benefits that are all found in poppy seeds (also potentially an anti-cancer source). We love experimenting with different kinds of dressings and this one was one of the top ones in taste and benefits. Here’s the recipe of this zestful salad.
Colorful Strawberry Spring Salad Mix
What you’ll need:
For the salad
- Mix of greens (our choices: butter lettuce, rocket leaves, and lollo rosso)
- 1.5 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced and peeled oranges
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
How to make it:
- In a large bowl, mix the lettuce and onion slices, then decorate with the oranges and strawberries
- In a smaller bowl, mix all of the dressing ingredients and pour over the large bowl of salad
Serve and enjoy the mix of flavors and freshness!
For other fresh salad ideas, click here.
What’s your favorite ingredient to put in your salad?
and tag us if you try our recipes and tips #breadonbutter