I just love opening that cupboard in the kitchen with all the meal and snack ideas. This cupboard is where I like to keep limited canned goods for when you’re in a meal hurry- I say limited because there are only a few canned things I like – drinks, healthy (and a few fatty) snacks, and some sauces.
Choosing carefully what to have in that cupboard can help you save a lot and constantly keep what you need at an easy reach.
So here are a few of the things I never let myself run out of:
– Tuna in water
– Some salad toppings like Palmito and Artichoke Hearts and Asparagus
– Cooked Beans
– Â Bamboo shoots for an Asian vegetable recipe
– Coconut milk in case you wish to add it to your Asian dish
Rice and Pasta:
– Plain white Basmati rice
– Brown Rice – a very healthy option
– Sushi sticky Rice
– Risotto Rice
– All kinds of tea
– Hot Chocolate
– Nespresso capsules
– Sesame Oil
– Soy Sauce
– Rice Vinegar – I strongly recommend this. It counts as 0 calories and brings a lot of flavor to your salads. You also need it to make sushi rice.
– Fish Sauce and Oyster Sauce. Adding one tablespoon of these sauces to your dish will make it a lot tastier.
– Rice Paper for fresh vegetable rolls (recipe soon)
– Sesame seeds
– Porcini Mushrooms (that you can also use in a nice risotto recipe)
– Tongorashi powder (to spice up your dishes or sushi)
– Tomato Sauce
– Worcestershire Sauce
– A jar of Nutella for “I don’t care about anything anymore” moments
– Dark Chocolate
– Pop Corn
– Salt & Vinegar Rice Crackers
– Chocolate Pasta I bought back in London at ‘Hotel Chocolat’ (I promise to share the recipe soon)
What’s in your pantry? Anything else you’d recommend? 🙂