The idea of turning 30 was devastating to me a year ago. It was all about being “out” of the twenty-something group, being “old” and entering real adulthood. Little did I know this was going to be the most enlightening age to me yet. On the 19th of August, a little over two weeks ago, I gracefully turned 30. What I thought was going to be shocking to me was actually smooth and soothing.
It’s with great excitement that I finally introduce you to my favorite Lurpak Cook’s Range product: BAKING! We bakers finally have a kind of butter that allows us to bake on a whim. I now can choose to bake at any moment, without having to put the butter out for hours for it to soften.
Lurpak Baking is the ideal blend of Lurpak Butter and Vegetable Oil. It has a softer texture and it’s ready to mix straight out of the fridge. It easily folds into cake mixtures and gives them a light and fluffy golden finish. This product is happiness guaranteed!
A cake I baked with this wonderful product is this fluffy chocolate cake I had once made for a friend’s birthday. I recommend you make it for any occasion. It can be a bit tedious at first, what with the separation of the egg whites and yolks then folding in the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, but with time you’ll get used to it and you’ll start making it any time you have something to celebrate.
Here’s the recipe:
Chocolate cake – Preparation: 45 minutes – Cooking time: 30 minutes
For the cake:
- 200 g Lurpak Baking butter
- 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 glass of milk
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 5 Eggs
For the frosting:
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix the sugar and butter until well combined
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites
- Add the egg yolks to the sugar and butter mix and mix until well-combined
- In another bowl, mix the milk and cocoa powder until well-combined
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix
- Add the egg, butter and sugar mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix well
- Beat the egg whites until mousse-like
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites unto the chocolate mixture
- Place in 2 cake molds of equal size and in a high temperature (280 degrees Celsius) preheated oven for 30 minutes
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie
- Add the cream to it and mix until well combined
- Add the corn starch to thicken it
Once the cakes are out of the oven, let them cool completely. Decorate the top of the bottom cake with the chocolate frosting, then place the top cake on the bottom one and cover them both with frosting. Decorate with red fruits (optional). Serve and enjoy for days!
Brought to you by:
5) Add the chocolate mix to the butter and sugar mix and beat
6) Then gently fold the egg whites into the whole mixture