During Christmas time, I believe that nothing is forbidden. It’s a happy time where you can eat and drink whatever you wish. It’s basically the Friday night of the year. You work and you work all year round to then enjoy this enchanted time, alive with cookies, multi-layered cakes, chestnuts, chimneys, snow, friends, family and children who believe in Santa.
Among the things you can bake to offer guests or even to have yourself with tea, are those soft and mellow brownies that can be done in no time. Plus, chances are you won’t have to run to the supermarket to get the ingredients because they’re so basic you probably have them already.
So here’s what you’ll need:
– 170 grams of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
– 100 grams of Unsalted Butter
– 2 Eggs
– 1 cup of Sugar
– 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
– 0.5 teaspoon of Baking Powder
– 0.25 teaspoon of fine Salt
– 1 cup of all-purpose Flour
1) In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate and the butter on low heat, while stirring regularly. Then let it cool for 5 minutes
2) In a large bowl, stir with a large spatula the eggs, sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt, until evenly incorporated
5) Pour into a mold, or shaped molds if you have some, and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
6) When out of the oven, let them cool for 20 minutes and shape