After years of testing out the chicken soup of my childhood, and adding magic ingredients that are guaranteed to fight off the flu, I give you my own recipe. I usually have ready-chopped and prepped vegetables in my freezer to make this easier and less time-consuming.
THE MAGIC chicken soup SOUP RECIPE
- Cinnamon stick
- Bay leaves
- Turmeric (balanced with the same amount of black pepper)
- Diced vegetables of your choice (carrots, celery, courgettes, leeks, potatoes)
- Boiled chicken
- Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to make it
- Cook the ginger, garlic, and vegetables with olive oil in a pot (all the while, seasoning with salt and pepper). Then, add a bit of water on top.
- In another pot, boil the chicken with bay leaves and a cinnamon stick
- When the chicken is boiled, add it to the veggies with the cinnamon stick and bay leaves, and 2 cups of chicken stock
- Continue boiling until veggies and chicken are tender
- Right at the end, add 1 tsp of turmeric and 1 tsp of black pepper.
Mis & serve all the goodness into your family’s tummy!