I must admit I’ve been feeling a bit down lately. I can’t really explain why. It might be work overload or wanderlust, but I know that eventually, it shall pass. Meanwhile, not so surprisingly, I search for comfort in food. This doesn’t mean fast food and carbs. On the contrary, I’m craving healthy and delicious dishes that I learned to make myself.
This low-calorie noodle soup is all you need after a long day or during a weekend at home (I hear rain is coming back this weekend and I like it 😉 ).
Low-Calorie Noodle Soup Recipe
What you’ll need (for 2 persons)
- 300 to 400 g of noodles (of your choice)
- 200 g of mushrooms of your choice
- 300 g of chicken
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1.5 cups of fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- A bunch of fresh coriander washed and separated
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
How to make it
- Wash and clean the chicken and add it to a pot of water, lemon slices, and ginger. Bring to the boil then let it simmer until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Make the noodles (as indicated on the pack).
- When the chicken is done, heat the sesame oil and the fish sauce in a small pot (on low heat), then add 1 cup of the chicken stock (i.e. water from the pot in which you boiled the chicken), soy sauce and sriracha. Mix until they’re all combined, then place the sauce in a serving bowl.
- Now for serving it, the idea is for you and your guests to construct your own soup. Serve the noodles and the mushrooms in the main bowl, and the chicken, coriander, spring onions and sauce in separate little bowls as toppings.
That way, you can have your ideal noodle soup made of only healthy and lightly cooked ingredients. Isn’t this awesome? I think I’m not feeling down anymore! 😀
Don’t forget to tag us if you try our recipes and tips: #breadonbutter